[GemStone-Smalltalk] GemBuilder VW "Duration" class mapping

David Shaffer shaffer at shaffer-consulting.com
Tue Oct 5 09:39:32 PDT 2021

Hey folks:

The GS version of Duration has different I-vars than the VW version (at least as of VW 9.0, can’t say if this is true in earlier versions).  I assume that there’s a way to deal with this but my GS-foo is pretty rusty.  It looks like a GS duration has #seconds and a VW duration has #period and #scale.  Based on VW Duration class>>fromSeconds: it looks like the translation is VW period := GS seconds and VW scale := Seconds with similar translation in the other direction.  What I can’t figure out is how to trigger this when instances of Duration are mapped.  So far what I have is:

Duration>>instVarMap
	^super instVarMap ,
		#( (period seconds) )

But this leaves #scale as nil in VW.  Is there a way to cause it to be set to Seconds?

Best,

David