[GemStone-Smalltalk] Jade: browse Objectlog reports error

James Foster smalltalk at jgfoster.net
Thu Oct 27 17:23:36 PDT 2022

Johan,

JadeServer>>#’objectInBaseNamed:’ looks through a constructed SymbolList that includes two SymbolDictionary instances—a UserGlobals and a Globals found in the first of the current user’s SymbolList and in DataCurator’s SymbolList (see JadeServer class>>#’gsString’). So, if you are logged in as someone other than DataCurator and are looking for something in DataCurator’s UserGlobals, you won’t find it if you have your own UserGlobals.

An interesting exercise would be to evaluate the following and see what you get:

(System __sessionStateAt: 3) objectInBaseNamed: #’ObjectLogEntry’.

James