[Glass] load balancer configuration

Brodbeck Andreas andreas.brodbeck at mindclue.ch
Wed Dec 20 23:34:17 PST 2023

Hi Otto

(This is probably just a side note, and not a solution to your GemStone specific problem).

I totally "outsourced" the load balancing to a HAproxy (www.haproxy.org) behind nginx. Nginx was not really configurable enough, in my opinion (at least, the open source community version). So I chained HAproxy into the stack, and never looked back.

HAproxy is a beast of a rock solid load balancer, which does its jobs extremely well for balancing to topaz instances. Tons of options to tweak for different critical situations, and tailored to the capabilities of the GemStone internal web server. And with detailled logging and a web interface for statistic overview, too.

Cheers!
Andreas

Andreas Brodbeck
Softwaremacher