[Glass] Unloading Monticello packages: what's the best practice?

Johan Brichau johan at yesplan.be
Wed Jun 14 05:37:45 PDT 2023

Hi,

I am preparing an upgrade of the Seaside version in existing GemStone repositories where it is more practical to unload the current (old) Seaside version and load the current one afterwards rather than loading the new one over the old one.
However, the code snippet below I currently came up with is terribly slow and does not work because not everything got remove. Probably because the unload requires a certain order…

So, has anyone done this in a GemStone Glass/GsDevKit setup? What is the best way to do this?

Johan

| packages gofer |
packages := (MetacelloProjectRegistration registrationForClassNamed: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3' ifAbsent: [ nil ])
 configurationProjectSpec loadPackageList.

packages do:[:p |
	Transcript show: 'Unload ', p; cr.
	gofer := Gofer new package: p; unload].