[Glass] How to get a working https request ?

Marten Felddtmann m at feldtmann.online
Mon Oct 23 02:52:21 PDT 2023

Hey,

when doing some experiments with an external system I had to call the
external system - on my home machine all stuff is http and localhost, so
no problems ... but then I moved it to the internet system to play there
I ran into a problem I never thought of - all https requests a failing.

I can choose all possible Gemstone version 3.6.x and try to get the
content of a https call and it always fails. Does anyone knows HOW to do
a https request in Gemstone ?

     | aZnClient |

         aZnClient := ZnClient new.
         aZnClient
             beOneShot;
             url: 'https://gemtalksystems.com' ;
             method: #GET ;
             execute

results into:

a SecureSocketError occurred (error 2755), socket error , secureConnect
failed, error:1416F086:SSL
routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify
failed:ssl/statem/statem_clnt.c:1921:

Any concrete ideas ?

Marten