[Glass] How to run Seaside web gem with https

Yanni Chiu yanni.code at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 12:19:12 PST 2024

IMHO, the simplest thing to do would be to configure an haproxy for https, same as now. But pre-load some mappings in haproxy - something like:
  https://dev.foo.com/bob1 ==> bob.foo.com <http://bob.foo.com/>:9001
  https://dev.foo.com/bob2 ==> bob.foo.com: <http://bob.foo.com:8080/>9002
  https://dev.foo.com/doug1 <https://dev.foo.com/bob1> ==> doug.foo.com <http://bob.foo.com/>:9001
  https://dev.foo.com/doug <https://dev.foo.com/bob1>2 ==> doug.foo.com:9002 <http://doug.foo.com:9002/>

Developer Bob would run their dev Seaside listening on porto 9001 on their workstation. Configuring extra paths/portnos mappings would allow development of more than one web server at the same time.

If you did manage to get https to work directly from GemStone, then that configuration would actually be further away from the actual production deployment.

Just occurred to me that maybe Azure SSO might not be able to handle the situation, but I don’t know Azure.

HTH
Yanni