[Glass] Linux aarch64 support

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Tue Mar 12 13:57:56 PDT 2024

Marten,

I believe that the Raspberry PI will be "supported" in 3.7.1 (I forget if
the support is classified as dev only or production) ...

Regarding GsDevKit_home ... work on GsDevKit_stones[1] is getting near to
completion ... I don't have a target date for completion, because my plate
is too full, but I continue to make slow but steady progress as I use it in
my day to day work.

GsDevKit_stones replaces the 32 bit Pharo image (the primary issue with
continued development for GsDevKit_home) and bash scripts with 64 bit
superDoit scripts[2]. A version of GsDevKit_stones is currently being used
for running the github smalltalkCI jobs[3].

At the moment GsDevKit_stones is in a pre-alpha state.  There a few
developers who are currently using GsDevKit_stones and providing useful
feedback for continuing development ... they will help me decide when
GsDevKit_stones is ready to go to beta. v2.1 is my current development
branch and I'll be aiming at v3 for when it'll be ready for beta and a
wider user base.

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_stones
[2] https://github.com/dalehenrich/superDoit
[3]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/zodiac/actions/runs/8252334358/job/22571577916

On Tue, Mar 12, 2024 at 12:51 PM Marten Felddtmann via Glass <