[GemStone-Smalltalk] What should the species of a Reduced Conflict collection be?

Richard Sargent richard.sargent at gemtalksystems.com
Wed Oct 23 11:41:52 PDT 2013

We had a customer inquiry about the species of a RcKeyValueDictionary. We all
realize that the species of a collection should be as close as possible to
the receiver's class. Obvious exceptions are Interval for which one cannot
generally have a selection subset that is also an Interval and weak
collections for which a selection subset should not be weak.

Should the reduced conflict aspect of a collection also be dropped when
doing a select?
Conversely, in what scenario would one want to preserve the reduced conflict
aspect when doing a select?