[GemStone-Smalltalk] A question about NetLdi process starting sequence

Kevin Szabo k.s.szabo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 20:23:15 PDT 2013

Hello Folks,

I have a Gemstone/S system that I look after.  Recently the installation
developed some problems that I thought was due to a corrupted NetLdi
process.  I was mistaken, but in the process of debugging I stopped and
restarted NetLdi without bringing down the rest of GemStone.

Discussing this with a colleague he suggested that I may cause some future
system instability since he believed that NetLdi must be the first process
started (before the Stone and the Cache).

Have I put the system into a fragile state?  Gemstone/S is tremendously
reliable and we frequently have amazing uptimes.  Should I bring the system
down and restart NetLdi etc?

Thanks,
Kevin Szabo