[GemStone-Smalltalk] VisualWorks 8.0 release candidate

Richard Sargent via GemStone-Smalltalk gemstone-smalltalk at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Dec 11 09:13:43 PST 2014

Gemstone/S mailing list wrote
> Richard,
> Any news on when VW 8.0 will be supported?There a number of dev tool
> improvements we are looking forward to using.
> Thanks,Bob Nemec

Bob, we've been looking at it for a while. There are substantial changes in
it affecting GBS.

One of the things I want to see added to our new website is a road map for
each product. Our current schedule has us supporting VW 8.x in the latter
part of next year (2015).

I'd be interested in hearing more about your plans for VW8.0 deployment, and
what schedule constraints you have. You're our second customer to show *any*
interest in VW8.0.