[GemStone-Smalltalk] [GBS] How often does this error affect you?

Richard Sargent richard.sargent at gemtalksystems.com
Tue May 20 17:28:13 PDT 2014

Dennis smith-4 wrote
> I agree with all of this, except the connections -- we cannot connect
> all our classes.  We have, in the largest client, about 6,000 classes
> that can be connected.
> Not only would that take a very long time to do, but it tends to slow
> things down operationally.

I have looked into this, and it appears to be a failing of how the
connectors are meant to be hooked up. There is a "bulk resolution"
mechanism, but it doesn't seem to be used for application classes.
Consequently, each class connector requires (on my equipment) about 2ms for
a round-trip to the server. So, 2 seconds per 1,000 classes to connect. Do
these numbers seem to match your experience?

Dennis, is this an issue that you have previously reported via an HR?