[GemStone-Smalltalk] #printString [was Re: first: / last:]

Richard Sargent via GemStone-Smalltalk gemstone-smalltalk at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Sep 29 08:55:41 PDT 2014

Gemstone/S mailing list wrote
> But for printing an Array I think that #(1 2 3) is a more readable output
> than anArray( 1, 2, 3).

Hi Bob,

I just had this example printed in my VA transcript:
(#CompilationError #CompileError [] in
GbsSessionManager>>#initializeKernelConnectorConditions)

Putting a number sign in front is not going to make it readable. In fact,
even though I am not a fan of the GS way of printing an array, the commas
would improve readability of this example.