[GemStone-Smalltalk] A true community license

Charles Monteiro via GemStone-Smalltalk gemstone-smalltalk at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Dec 1 07:55:09 PST 2016

given that all Gemstone clients require licenses i.e. VW , VA and GBJ i.e.
there are fees associated with any of these paths, therefore it can be said
that there's really no real free solution that can be used to test out
ideas , a problem that has plagued Smalltalk since folks decided to venture
out of the Xerox Parc labs.

Note that it is not the model of any new modern databases i.e. the Mongo
and Redis's of this new brave world.

So how crazy expensive is a GBJ license anyhow ?

oh, and pls correct me if I have missed something except for telling me to
do Seaside dev, since what I would be contemplating would be providing
persistence to an app cluster.

thanks

--
Charles