[GemStone-Smalltalk] ZnServer issues

tomás freilij via GemStone-Smalltalk gemstone-smalltalk at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Dec 13 11:53:32 PST 2016

Hi everyone, we are having some troubles to work with Zn in gemstone.

Our goal right now is to establish an http communication between a ZnClient
in Pharo and a ZnServer in the server, sending serialized objects with STON
from one side to the other.

If we evaluate the line *ZnServer startDefaultOn: 1800 *in the tode1 client
we can see with netstat that the port is being grabbed by the process.
However, when we add the *eval* to do it in the Server, the tode1 client
gets stuck and after a couple of minutes we get back an error message (not
a syntax error).

Is there any network configuration we should run on the server side to do
this simple task? The Stone is running on an ubuntu mounted in a VirtualBox.

Thanks!