[GemStone-Smalltalk] Error with netldi, the connection to the repository is never made and the port becomes blocked

James Foster via GemStone-Smalltalk gemstone-smalltalk at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Mar 21 13:41:36 PDT 2017

Hi Ezequiel,

I would first try to test the connectivity without GemStone. From MW (Windows), try ‘ping HOST’ (where HOST is the hostname or IP address of ML). Do this in both the direct mode and in the VPN mode and let us know the result.

If that succeeds in both cases, then try ‘telnet HOST PORT’ where PORT is the port on which the netldi process is listening (based on a configuration, services file, or ‘gslist -l’ on ML. This will tell you if MW is able to connect to ML on the appropriate port. Try this first from ML to confirm that you can make it work, then try from MW in each configuration.

With this information we can determine more.

James