[GemStone-Smalltalk] Problem to connect repository running on VirtualBox machine

brianstone brianaciarezequiel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 11:28:24 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,
I was trying to setup a local environment with Gemstone running on a Virtual
Box Machine  with Linux, and connect to it from host machine running
Windows, but unfortunately i'm struggling to make it work.
I succesfully installed GS but When I try to connect to my DB using Jade, it
doesn't connect to netldi.
<http://forum.world.st/file/t370666/2019-08-28_14_59_05-Jade_Login_Error.png>
>From the Netldi log, it doesn't seems to being receiving the connection
attempt.But I noticed something strange: it displays this message at the
beggining:
<http://forum.world.st/file/t370666/2019-08-28_15_05_16-Desktop_gs64ldi-343.png>
>From that message looks like other process is already using that port, but
that is not true.I tested it with command netstat -tulpn | grep netldid
Before starting netldi it shows no results. After I've started it it shows
this
tcp6       0      0 :::50387                :::*                    LISTEN
1135/netldid
Information:
I've installed CENTOS 7 and Gemstone 3.4.3 on the VM
The host machine is running Windows 7
Jade version is 2.3.9
I've opened port for Netldi on server
forwarded ports on VM are:
<http://forum.world.st/file/t370666/2019-08-28_12_43_17-Clipboard.png>
Parameters set in Jade:
<http://forum.world.st/file/t370666/2019-08-28_14_49_26-Jade_Login.png>
Sorry for all the content but i think it might give you a better perspective
of what could be possible happening.Thank you in advance!

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Gemstone-S-f1461796.html