[GemStone-Smalltalk] Collator for "es_AR" not available

brianstone brianaciarezequiel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 06:00:50 PST 2019

Hello Everybody!I've noticed a difference between two GS version regarding
Collators and Locales.Some time ago, using version 3.2.8.1, while playing
around with Indexes I was able to use a collator for "es_AR". Now, while
trying to do the same ini 3.4.3 version, such collator doesn't exist.As far
as I read on the programming guide, Gemstone relies on ICU library but I
don't think that ICU removed collator for "es_AR" because there exists a
locale for that language-country.If I take a look at the result of
*IcuLocale availableLocales* it returns an array which includes "es_AR".But
if I try to create a collator for this locale, an error is returned: /"a
ArgumentError occurred (error 2718), No predefined IcuCollator for locale
'es_AR'"/Taking a closer look at IcuCollator methods, there is one called
"availableLocales". Executing it, returns an array where is not included
"es_AR".From this phrase on the Prog guide: /"The classes IcuLocale and
IcuCollator provide an interface to the ICU (International Components for
Unicode) libraries./"I expected IcuCollator and IcuLocale to work with the
same locales.So, is this behavior correct? Was "es_AR" removed by Gemstone
or by ICU?How can I add my own collator for "es_AR"?Hope I could made my
self clear and sorry if I missunderstood anything here.Thank you

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Gemstone-S-f1461796.html