[GemStone-Smalltalk] Opening class browser in GS64/VW 8.3 causes image to exhaust all memory and hang

Gary Morrison gcmfrompsu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 19:49:21 PST 2019

I found the issue.   The method, installCtrlFHooks, throws exceptions at,
"specWrapper component component controller" in VW 8.3,
at least in the Community Edition that I have, which is new.

When I added the checks to see of the visual part respondsTo: #component,
then that stopped the infinite loop
and I was able to browse the GS classes fine.

GbxBrowser >> installCtrlFHooks

| possibleControllers actualControllers listControllers |
possibleControllers := #(#dictionaryList #classList #IconButton)
asOrderedCollection collect: [:id | self controllerAt: id].
possibleControllers add: self metaTabControlWidget controller.
possibleControllers addAll: ((self widgetAt: #toolBar) components
collect: [:specWrapper |
* (specWrapper respondsTo: #component) ifFalse: [nil] ifTrue: [ *
* (specWrapper component respondsTo: #component) ifFalse: [ nil ]*
* ifTrue: [specWrapper component component controller]]]).*