[GemStone-Smalltalk] Understanding secure backups

Norm Green norm.green at gemtalksystems.com
Mon Sep 9 07:45:14 PDT 2019

Thanks for the info.  I see your point about needing to switch keys of a
backup encrypted with a private key that has been compromised.

I've submitted feature request 48314 to track the issue.

I would imagine that copydbf could be enhanced so that a new backup file
could be created with new pairs of encryption and signing keys.  The
caller would of course need to provide the old signing and encryption
keys.  Also the old file would not be modified in place.

Norm