[GemStone-Smalltalk] Production only code

Dirk Nel dirkockertnel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 03:43:12 PDT 2021

Hi all

I'm currently working on some data anonymization stuff in our GemStone
production database.  I'm thinking of strategies of having certain portions
of code just running in the prod Db.  As we restore our prod Db into our
test Db this is difficult.  One idea that I had was to let the code that
should only run in prod live in topaz scripts on the host instead of in the
Db.  Any other thoughts about this out there?  And maybe just about data
anonymization and Gs in general?

Regards
Dirk