[Glass] a InternalError occurred (error 2261), The object with object ID 20 is corrupt. Reason: 'process switch not in critial state'

James Foster james.foster at gemtalksystems.com
Sat Aug 17 07:16:12 PDT 2013

John,

Do I understand correctly that you restored a 3.1.0 backup into a 3.1.0.4 system? This is NOT the way to do an upgrade. In this case you have an inconsistency between the binaries (gem/VM, stone, shared page cache monitor, page server, etc.) and the image and the database is "corrupt" from the point of view of the executable. The restore from backup does not upgrade the image.

The proper way to do an upgrade is to follow the instructions in the install/upgrade manual and involves (from memory, check the docs!) starting the stone on the existing extents and then doing an "upgradeImage" from the command line. This will (re)install the kernel classes and makes sure that the primitives invoked by the Smalltalk code are consistent with the binary executable that receives those primitives. Absent this step, the (wrong) primitives are being called with the wrong arguments.

I do hope that this is in a test environment, and not production!

~James

Sent from my iPad