[Glass] [3.1.0.4] Tranlog Restore Seems to Hang

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Fri Aug 23 09:21:03 PDT 2013

Ken,

In earlier versions we've seen hangs but they were always accompanied by "Recovery waiting for gcGems to reclaim dead" in the stone log, so this appears to possibly be a different variant of that problem...

First off, it would be easier if we could get copies of your extents and tranlogs so that we could debug the hang here ...

If that's not feasible, then we'd like to gather stats, stacks and logs:

1. start the stone with -N -R
2. fire up statmon
3. do your restore from current logs
4. after you see the hand, use $GEMSTONE/bin/pstack to get stacks
from the stoned process ... (take several samples with an intervening
delay)

The wrap up the stats, stacks and stone.log and send it to me ... if you can share extents and tranlogs, let me know and I'll give you the details ftp details...

Dale