[Glass] Permission denied that I cannot fix :(

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Mon Dec 2 12:59:41 PST 2013

----- Original Message -----

I'm not sure I know what you are doing when you "apply the gsamin and gsgroup"...

| I can start gemstone, I can start netldi, but I cannot log from
| topaz.

| In the log I have:

| Internal tables are configured for 1359 concurrent clients.
| Server socket gs64ldi (protocol TCP) is created, with a delay of 30
| seconds.
| Summary of netldi parameters:
| The host name is 'centosserver'.
| GEMSTONE is: '/opt/gemstone/product'.
| Authentication is required only to create processes.
| Process creation is permitted through user's HOME directory.
| Created processes belong to client's account.
| The command line is:
| /opt/gemstone/GemStone64Bit3.1.0.4-x86_64.Linux/sys/netldid gs64ldi
| Entering Service Loop
| 11/27/2013 14:16:37 EST Authorization Warning:
| Incorrect password for user 'marianopeck'.
| error = Password validation failed for user marianopeck because
| getspnam_r() returned an error: errno=13,EACCES, Authorization
| failure (permission denied)

When your start the netldi process with `startnet` (as I recommend), the netldi log looks like the following:

nternal tables are configured for 3407 concurrent clients.
Server socket 50133 (protocol TCP) is created, with a delay of 30 seconds.
Summary of netldi parameters:
The host name is 'topeka.local'.
GEMSTONE is: '/opt/gemstone/product31'.
Clients are not authenticated.
Process creation is permitted through user's HOME directory.
Created processes belong to the account named 'dhenrich'.
The default directory for log files is '/Users/dhenrich/'.
The command line is:
/opt/gemstone/GemStone64Bit3.1.0.4-i386.Darwin//sys/netldid -g -adhenrich \
-l netldi.log 50133
Entering Service Loop
GemStone signal handler: signal 15 (SIGTERM), received from process 94219 userId 562
si_code: 0, unknown SI_

So, you must have used a different set of options when you started the netldi:

Authentication is required only to create processes.

The fact that you are getting password error means that you haven't quite got your system configured correctly for using authentication ... so telling us which options you've used will help address the problem..