[Glass] DataCurator and then own user?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 12:53:18 PST 2013

Hi guys,

So say I have a typical Seaside app running with a typical DB. If I
understand correctly, DataCurator is the default user I can use and it has
many of the privileges a typical admin account would have. The question is
when you want to actually run the application... So i wonder:

1) to load code into gemstone and prepare everything we use DataCurator or
any user with DataCuratorGroup ?

2) When we run the application, we create our own user to run it? (with no
DataCuratorGroup) ? I mean...a more restricter user... ?  If true, then I
guess I should analyze which permissions  and security policy to give it,
right? Is there a typical setup for this kind of user?

Notice that my question is with security in mind. I know I can run my app
directly with DataCurator user....

Thanks in advance,