[Glass] Changed DataCurator password and now I cannot start seaside gems

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 13:13:04 PST 2013

Hi guys,

I modified my DataCurator password as explained in the guide:

 (AllUsers userWithId: 'DataCurator')
 password: 'xxx' . System commitTransaction

Then just in case I restarted everything. GemStone can start and I can
login with topaz (with the new password). However, when I start my seaside
gems as I used to do:

WAFastCGIAdaptor stop.
WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems default
        name: 'FastCGI';
        adaptorClass: WAFastCGIAdaptor;
        ports: #(9001 9002 9003).
WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems restartGems.

They fail...in the log I read:

[Info]: Logging out at 12/05/2013 15:53:49 EST
GemStone: Error         Fatal
Login failed:  the GemStone userId/password combination is invalid
or expired.
Error Category: 231169 [GemStone] Number: 4051  Arg Count: 0 Context : 20
exception : 20

If I see $GEMSTONE/seaside/etc/gemstone.secret
it has the old default swordfish password....

I am not supposed to change that by hand since it is read only.

So...what else should I change?

Thanks in advance,