[Glass] Nginx , FastCGI and GLASS problem

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Thu Dec 5 17:30:21 PST 2013

Johan and Mariano,

For 3.1, I think the following should work in the startSeaside30_Adaptor script. NOTE, I've used `true ifTrue: [] ifFalse:[]` to enclose the new-style static exception handler that in addition to handling (and logging) the fact that a SigAbort was handled installs a handler for the RepositoryViewLost notification that dumps a stack so we can get more info about what the gem is doing when the lost ot is issued:

true ifTrue: [.
Transcript cr; show: 'New style SigAbort hanlder'.
TransactionBacklog
addDefaultHandler: [ :ex |.
"Run the abort in a lowPriority process, since we must acquire the
transactionMutex."
Transcript cr; show: 'handled sigabort: ', DateAndTime now printString.
[
GRPlatform current transactionMutex
critical: [ GRPlatform current doAbortTransaction ].
TransactionBacklog enableSignalling ]
forkAt: Processor lowestPriority.
ex resume ].
RepositoryViewLost
addDefaultHandler: [ :ex |.
GRPlatform current logError: ex description title: 'Lost OT' shouldCommit: false.
ex pass ].
TransactionBacklog enableSignalling.
] ifFalse: [
Transcript cr; show: 'Old style SigAbort hanlder'.
Exception.
installStaticException:.
[:ex :cat :num :args |
"Run the abort in a lowPriority process, since we must acquire the
transactionMutex."
Transcript cr; show: 'handled sigabort: ', DateAndTime now printString.
[
GRPlatform current transactionMutex.
critical: [.
GRPlatform current doAbortTransaction ].
System enableSignaledAbortError.
] forkAt: Processor lowestPriority.
]
category: GemStoneError
number: 6009
subtype: nil.
System enableSignaledAbortError.
].

If this is happening in 2.4 (Johan), I'll have to do a little more research to see if there is an exception equivalent to RepositoryViewLost signalled.

Dale