[Glass] Weird slowdown with a comparison

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 18:57:22 PST 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM, John McIntosh <
johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:

> You know I've not played in this area but in data/system.conf
>

> # This is set to allow breakpoints to be used ....
>
> # For production usage, set GEM_NATIVE_CODE_ENABLED
>
> #  in the conf file for the appropriate gem
>
> #  (see
>
> #    $GEMSTONE/seaside/etc/maintenance30.conf
>
> #    $GEMSTONE/seaside/etc/seaside30.conf)
>
> #
>
> GEM_NATIVE_CODE_ENABLED = FALSE;

Wow...i didn't know the JIT could be enable/disabled. Nice! Thanks for
letting me know.

I have just check using the Admin -> DoITs -> Gem Configuration Report
 from GemTools and it was already in TRUE.
Just in case, I
edited  /opt/gemstone/GemStone64Bit3.1.0.4-i386.Darwin/seaside/data/system.conf
 and add it to TRUE.

Still, I am having the same results :(

What is weird is that I can use breakpoint in GemStone...so maybe the JIT
is not being run even if the boolean appears to be set..
But the default says it is TRUE.

Thanks,