[Glass] Debugging in GemTools and "undefined symbol"

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 05:07:14 PST 2013

Hi guys.

While I am debugging from GemTools I notice that the debugger facilities
are quite different that from say Pharo. In GemStone I can move around the
stack (restart, proceed, into, etc), I can inspect/explore the instance
variables or context variables (on the bottom part of the debugger), etc.
But what I cannot do is to print/inspect/do pieces of random code inside
the executing method. That would only work if I don't refer to any temp or
inst variable.

So...is this a known issue? Are there workarounds?

Thanks!