[Glass] How to not cut ProfMonitor result?

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Tue Dec 17 12:25:01 PST 2013

When you say cut, I assume that you are saying that the printString is being truncated and ends with a '...)'?

If so, then the issue is that GemStone by default truncates printStrings to some pretty short level ... There are a number of different places that impose different limits at different points ... looks like collections are cut off at 700 elements and Strings are cut off at 1000000 characters ... looking at the ProfMon code, it looks like it is constructing the string directly so you must have more than a 1000000 characters?

If so you should edit CharacterCollection printString and bump up the limit ...

If that doesn't help then we'll need to dig deeper ...

Dale