[Glass] Debugging in GemTools and "undefined symbol"

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Wed Dec 18 07:12:51 PST 2013

----- Original Message -----

| From: "Mariano Martinez Peck" <marianopeck at gmail.com>

| |

| | | Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:02:47 AM
| |

| | | Subject: Re: [Glass] Debugging in GemTools and "undefined symbol"
| |

| | | On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Dale K. Henrichs <
| | | dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com > wrote:
| |

| | | |
| | |
| |

| | | |
| | |
| |

| | | |
| | |
| |

| | | |
| | |
| |

| | | |
| | |
| |

| | | |
| | |
| |

| | | | |
| | | |
| | |
| |

| | | |
| | |
| |

| | | | |
| | | |
| | |
| |

| | | |
| | |
| |

| | | |
| | |
| |

| | |
| |

| | | Actually is neither temps or instance variables. The only thing I
| | | seem to have access to is "self".
| |

| | |
| |

| | | I can imagine the difficulties, that's why I asked ;)
| |

| | | OK, so at least you confirm the limitations and I am not doing
| | | something wrong.
| |

| | |
| |

| | | I don't know what you mean by "added menus to the text windows".
| |

| | | For me, there most important thing from GemTools is the ability
| | | debug a problem from the ObjectLog. So..that's why I would like
| | | the
| | | most from tODE: the debugger.
| |

| | There is a reason that you are not using tODE today (actually
| | several:) ... I have a list of `must have` features to add to
| | tODE[1] before letting folks use it and adding menus to text
| | windows
| | as well as debugging ObjectLog are on the list ...I have been
| | focusing on the "new and different" capabilities/functionality of
| | tODE at the expense of not addressing the "obviously needed but
| | relatively straightforward" capabilities/functionality ...
|

| | The base _has_ to be solid before building too much on top of it:).
|

| | I _am_ making slow, but steady progress[2].
|

| Coool! I am glad to see your progress. If I can be beta tester let me
| know.

I really feel that the "must haves" are required before I get beta testers involved, I have learned quite a bit about what tODE should be, but some of the functionality dates from the very earliest days of tODE and needs to be rewritten:) before foisting upon any one else:) ... At the same time I realize that it is impractical to completely rewrite the system before going into beta, because even as it stands today tODE is a better option than GemTools ... but some of the work must be done...