[Glass] [GemStone-Smalltalk] GemStone/S 64 Bit 2.4.6 release

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Fri Dec 20 14:34:10 PST 2013

Johan,

Well, even though you go through the upgrade (i.e. reload all of your code), it might not be as bad as the 3.1 upgrade since you are basically removing and re-adding all of the methods ..... the underlying base image is relatively unchanged.

Whereas with 3.1 your code has to be ported to 3.x ....

I would suggest that you try running through the a test upgrade to see if things are as bad as you think and I'd definitely be interested in hearing about the issues that cause you to "give up" ...

Dale