[Glass] Float asString question

Sebastian Heidbrink sebastian_heidbrink at yahoo.de
Fri Dec 27 16:17:18 PST 2013

Hi,

I encounter some problems using NeoCSV on Gemstone.
I importet float via CSV into Gemstone and now I want to export them
again, but "asString" presents the float value in scientific format.

How come that '3.651666667' asFloat inspects with the same printString
but asString wich calls asString returns: '3.6516666670000002E+00' this
is just a small difference, but in my case it is too big since I need to
do reprocessing in the client and that adds addtional issues...

'3.651666667' asFloat asStringUsingFormat: #(1 7 false)
seems to work, but this makes me wonder which printString method the
Inspector in Jade uses?

Thanks
Sebastian