[Glass] Starting Seaside block the develpment environment

BrunoBB smalltalk at adinet.com.uy
Sun Nov 3 13:25:06 PST 2013

Hi,

Why starting Seaside block my development environment ?

I'm using Jade but the same happens with Topaz.

If i evaluate in a workspace:
WAGsSwazooAdaptor startOn: 8888.

My development environment hangs. If i close the "Hard Break - SoftBreak"
window the i can use the DE again.

[WAGsSwazooAdaptor startOn: 8888.] forkAt: xx. Does not work either.

The following links have usefull information but after read it i can not run
Seaside without blocking the Jade environment. The same with Topaz i can run
Seaside from topaz after that i can not use Topaz anymore. Ctrl + C free
topaz but shutdown seaside.

Which is the best way to run Seaside without blocking the develpment
environment ?

https://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/ControllingSeaside30Gems
http://forum.world.st/Starting-Swazoo-from-GemTools-td3649293.html#a3650200
http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2009/04/15/glass-beta-update-working-with-soap-preview/#GsProcesses