[Glass] Swazoo server hangs

Otto Behrens otto at finworks.biz
Tue Nov 5 09:25:39 PST 2013

> Sorry Otto, I have been in Argentina this last week and haven't been able to focus on "hard problems" ... Swazoo has always been a bit dicey on GemStone, which is one of the main reasons to prefer FastCGI. I think that Zinc is more stable - Johan uses Zinc in production (and perhaps others) ... Also Zinc has support for running client-side HTTP which is very convenient ...

No worries, Dale, thanks. Yes, using the Zinc client-side HTTP a lot,
so thinking that using the server is reducing the number of
components.

> I will have to dig in a bit more ... but I just seem to recall that I didn't feel comfortable with the level of bugfixing that needed to go on ...

Another avenue seems to be a better option.

Johan, are you using the Zinc server as reverse proxied servers in
stead of FastCGI? If so, what's your experience? Is it stable? On GS 3
or GS 2?