[Glass] Simple questions while migrating code to GemStone (compatibility issues)

Martin McClure martin.mcclure at gemtalksystems.com
Wed Nov 13 18:09:47 PST 2013

On 11/13/2013 05:59 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> Cool!  (before answering Dale..I need to deep a bit more for that) ...
> what does it mean that it is not-persistent? what happens to an object
> which IS persistent and has a pointer to a non-persistent object? Error?
> replaced by nil?

Normally, when you put a reference to a non-persistent object into a
persistent object, when you commit the transaction the non-persistent
object becomes persistent. If the non-persistent object is one of those
that is not allowed to become persistent, the commit will fail signaling
a TransactionError.

Regards,

-Martin