[Glass] Updating Zinc for Gemstone

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Sun Nov 17 10:35:00 PST 2013

Oh wait ...that was my ston work ... too many different projects ..

Yes, it does look like the 2.4.3 stuff was not merged into gemstone2.4 branch nor the gemstone3.1 branch ...

I don't think we need to tag the gemstone-specific changes, because git handles that for us ... by pulling svens code onto our master branch and then doing platform specific branches git will manage the methods that we've changed for the port ... if we want to publish bugfixes back to sven, then we cherry pick into a topic branch off of the master branch and then do a pull request against sven's repo ... when he merges the pull request, we can pull from his master to pick up the changes, then we merge from our master into the gemstone2.4 and gemstone3.1 branches ...

Could you point to me to some examples of "Method conflicts are showing up where no conflict exists" I just went through a major reshuffling of code with ston, so I might have seen something like this already ...

Dale