[Glass] Updating Zinc for Gemstone

Johan Brichau johan at yesplan.be
Mon Nov 18 11:32:24 PST 2013

On 17 Nov 2013, at 19:35, Dale K. Henrichs <dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> Could you point to me to some examples of "Method conflicts are showing up where no conflict exists" I just went through a major reshuffling of code with ston, so I might have seen something like this already ...

I'm currently busy merging and fixing in my fork. I cannot remember exactly which methods I was confused about yesterday, but today I hit the following problem:

The class ZnChunkedReadStreamTests was removed entirely in the master branch. Because an #expectedFailures method was added to that class in the gs branch, the merge showed a conflict on the methodProperties.json. While running through the changes and conflicts, it was not apparent to me that the class was actually removed from the master branch. So I made a wrong merge, leading to a corrupt filetree format.

Now, I get built errors on travis (https://travis-ci.org/jbrichau/zinc) I cannot make sense of, since the load happens just fine locally. On travis I get:

TravisCIHarness
  value: #( 'BaselineOfZinc' )
  value: 'TravisCISuccess.txt'
  value: 'TravisCIFailure.txt'.
%
--transcript--'travis---->travisCI.st'
--transcript--'...RETRY->BaselineOfZinc'
--transcript--'...RETRY->BaselineOfZinc'
--transcript--'gofer repository error: #''GoferRepositoryError''...ignoring'
--transcript--'...FAILED->BaselineOfZinc'