[Glass] Updating Zinc for Gemstone

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Mon Nov 18 12:37:33 PST 2013

... I turned on 3.1.0.4 just for grins and it turns out that the default Metacello loaded into 2.1.0.4 has a better error message[1]:

  --transcript--'travis---->travisCI.st'
  --transcript--'...RETRY->BaselineOfZinc'
  --transcript--'...RETRY->BaselineOfZinc'
  --transcript--'gofer repository error: ''GoferRepositoryError: string contents are ill-formed Utf8 at byte offset 76507''...ignoring'
  --transcript--'...FAILED->BaselineOfZinc'

So there's some invalid utf8 encountered while reading in the BaselineOfZinc ... will investigate further and issue a pull request when I have a solution..

Dale

[1] https://travis-ci.org/dalehenrich/zinc/jobs/14160177#L417