[Glass] LDAP question again

BrunoBB smalltalk at adinet.com.uy
Tue Nov 19 14:22:09 PST 2013

Hi,

Last time i thought i was going to avoid the LDAP connection using a Single
Sign On but not !!!

No problem with SSO, but in this case i need to query the LDAP server
directly (outside the SSO) to get the user list of possible notification
receiver.

I could not avoid the ldap connection and here (at my work) they do not
accept an annonymus bind to the LDAP (a connection name and password is
required) as a security policy.

Reading documentation i found (again) System performOnServer:.

It returns a string from the executed command.

It is possible to use "ldapsearch" linux command in order to get the user
list (using authentication) from LDAP and then process the resulting string
in GemStone ?

This would be very good, does someone has done this before ?

Regards,
Bruno
PS: sooner or later i'm going to test this my self but now i do not have to
ldap server from my notebook, yet...