[Glass] Encryption in GemStone

Johan Brichau johan at yesplan.be
Tue Nov 19 23:49:20 PST 2013

Hi Mariano,

I don't have a solution for Blowfish

Grease has an abstraction for the secure hash: GRPlatform>>secureHashFor:

Last summer, I tried to use the port of the Cryptography package to Gemstone [3] but I ended up only using/porting the parts to make SHA256 work because I was under time pressure to deliver an implementation that uses Json Webtoken [1][2]. My version of the Cryptography core for Gemstone and the SHA256 package are still on a local repository. I dit not make it public yet because of it's intermediate ported state. Also: loading Cryptography on Pharo 2.0 causes a lot of dirty packages.... so I wonder about its future in Pharo.

I notice there is an implementation of Blowfish in the squeak/pharo version. Is this the one you are using?

Johan

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-json-web-token
[2] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~JohanBrichau/Json-WebToken
[3] http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/ss/Cryptography.html