[Glass] Basic questions regarding GemBuilder for Smalltalk, GemTools, and tODE

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 07:01:39 PDT 2013

First, I wanted to really appreciate all the answers I got. They were all
very valuable and detailed. Thanks you very much.
It is much clear now.

Dale, I think I am totally confused about tODE. I have just seen the link
you send to slideshare and that's not at all what I remembered about tODE.
That (slideshare) look like a desktop/fat client tool (with remote stuff)
based on Pharo 2.0. But...I remember watching a presentation of you which I
thought it was tODE that was seaside-base. In fact I remember you saying:
"yes, I did it in Seaside because it was easier for me than doing it in
Morphic"...I am just crazy or that was something else?
Ok...I found it: http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/movies/tODE_intro.mov (I
remember it form the ESUG Innovation Technology Awards ;) )
So...i thought it was seaside-based so I thought it would be easy to run it
inside GLASS, hence you could directly "develop" inside GemStone from any
browser.

Continue discussing about these tools...imagine that I want to browse a bit
and learn about GemStone. I want to see which number classes I have, which
methods each class can answer, etc etc.  You know...explore the system
(forgot for a minute about the pdf documentation). How could I do this
right now (until tODE is released)? GemTools is the only way? well...maybe
the seaside example of the class browser hahah

Thanks,