[Glass] XML and GemStone repository questions

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 10:33:05 PDT 2013

I think you should use the ConfigurationOfXMLSupport metacello configuration from the MetacelloRepository on squeaksource to load code into GemStone that allows you to maniputale XML files easily.

I'm not sure what's going on but right now XMLSupport is kind of balkanized.  The Pharo team did not move the old XMLSupport repository when they started using smalltalkhub.com in earnest.  Instead I think they pulled out the parser portion of the old squeaksource stuff and then kept using the XMLWriter portion which had been in a separate repository.  Regardless, they maintain and make their changes in the PharoExtras/XMLParser and PharoExtras/XMLWriter repositories.

I copied the old repository from squeaksource because I thought the deadlines they described on the front page were actual deadlines and as I use the XMLSupport I didn't want that repo left behind. Since squeaksource.com is not going away  I now think my copy of it on smalltalkhub should be deleted.  The only change I've made was to bump up the #stable: version in the ConfigurationOfXMLSupport for gemstone to the latest.

The versions of the XML packages for GemStone are on Gemsource here:
http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/ss/XMLSupport.html

I think they are API compatible with what is in on squeaksource and the PharoExtras repos