[Glass] LDAP question

BrunoBB smalltalk at adinet.com.uy
Mon Oct 21 16:30:10 PDT 2013

Hi Dale,

The LDAP does support anonymous binds, but there is a "security rule" that
not allow anonymous binds.

Here i have two options:
1- Wait until GemStone add LDAP connection with user and password for the
bind.
2- Integrate my Seaside app with Single sign on application.

The second will prevail in the future. So i think i will go this way.

Once a HTTP request is sent to Seaside application, the SSO (single sign on)
catch this request, if the user is not logged then re-direct to login page.
After the login is sucessfull the SSO add a header with the user to the
original HTTP request and redirect it to Seaside application.

I'm not Seaside expert but i think is possible to catch the HTTP request and
get the user from the header (inserted by SSO). There is no need to connect
to LDAP directly.

Regards,
Bruno