[Glass] SocketStream and ZnServer sockets inside TransientValues

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Thu Sep 5 15:21:05 PDT 2013

Paul,

I guess I would like the wrapped versions if they fix a problem ... When you say that "[it] ended up not helping my problem", I am curious whether it didn't help because the TransientValue didn't behave as expected, or there was an additional issue?

I can imagine that solving the "cannot persist socket instance" isn't very interesting if the object that references the socket isn't going to work correctlyanyway...

On the other hand, allowing one to persist an object that references a socket for debugging purposes would be useful...

So perhaps uploading the changes is a good thing...

Dale