[Glass] Where to host for tests

Joachim Tuchel jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Thu Apr 10 01:41:25 PDT 2014

I am not (yet?) a Glass user, but we`ve tried a few hosters and several server types. We currently use 1&1 dynamic cloud servers. They are not really cheap, but uptime and their ubuntu images are well-maintained. We've tried vServers at both hosteurope and strato.de, and had a few issues with DB2 that were related to some Kernel stuff. I guess these could've been solved with enough persistence and energy, but since 1&1 simply works, we stayed and pay our extra. But we could save 50% and more if we moved to equally powerful and even stronger servers at other hosters.

Joachim