[Glass] MultibyteString>>encodeUsing: bug

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Mon Apr 21 02:29:17 PDT 2014

Hi,

I stumbled upon a situation where the code in MultiByteString>>encodeUsing: is being executed (the primitive has failed?).

This code does a "MultibyteString new" but that is a subclass responsibility:

	WriteStream on: MultibyteString new.

I assume the code should be:

	WriteStream on: self species new.

A couple of questions:
- it seems I need to login as SystemUser to recompile this method. I get an error only a SystemUser can change a primitive ? Anything specific to watch out for when doing that?
- is there a way to know why the primitive failed?

regards
Johan