[Glass] Problem with UTF8 encoding and Monticello after GLASS update

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 15:19:07 PDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 6:40 PM, Dale Henrichs <
dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> Mariano,
>
> It could be because I am jet-lagged and trying to read code ... but when i
> read the UTF8Encoding  code ( Utf8Encoding.310-dkh.31), I don't see how
> you are getting the ArgumentTypeError,

No, the error is not there. The error is because in the OLD (broken)

(UTF8Encoding newEncoder encode:
'ConfigurationOfIAM-MarianoMartinezPeck.68.mcz')

answers a Utf8 instance rather than a string (which is what happens in the
new).

Then,..the type error is in the #asString.

(UTF8Encoding newEncoder encode:
'ConfigurationOfIAM-MarianoMartinezPeck.68.mcz')
 asString

Btw,...when loading from MC, the error is from
#encodeForHTTPWithTextEncoding: encodingName conditionBlock: conditionBlock

where it does:

((GRCodec forEncoding: encodingName) encode: self) asString

so I guess I need to see a full stack ... also verify that you have
> Utf8Encoding.310-dkh.31 loaded in both OLD and NEW ...

How can I get a string full stack from GemTools?

Thanks