[Glass] Problem with UTF8 encoding and Monticello after GLASS update

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Mon Aug 25 19:12:04 PDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 6:55 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <
marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
> Thanks for your answer. Core31x package is loaded in NEW stone, but not in
>  the OLD (failing). Do you know if it should be loaded automatically?
> I guess yes...but then I am not sure what it hasn't been loaded.
> BTW...we agree we are talking about gemstone 3.1 right? and not seaside
> 3.1? because I am still using seaside 3.0.9.

I believe that you have run into a Metacello bug in the OLD stone... If you
didn't update to GLASS 1.0-beta9.3 before loading GLASS1 (probably loaded
by the new version of ZINC) then it is possible that you have hit a bug ...

I would like to understand the current state of your OLD (broken) stone ...
could you send me a copy of your 'Version Report' and a screen shot of the
package versions loaded from your Monticello Browser ... with that
information I can recommend a course of action for getting things repaired