[Glass] Recomendation for Installing

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Dec 9 07:03:05 PST 2014

Bruno,

Since you are trying to set things up to run on a fresh linux vm, I would
think that GsDevKitHome would be a good place to start. I am scheduled to
revamp the structure and scripts a bit[2], but I will do my best to make
the changes backwards compatible ...

Since you are planning to install on a fresh linux vm, be aware that you
need to install certain linux packages[3] before GemStone and tODE/GemTools
will run...

I would recommend that you customize the installServer script[4] to install
your software instead of tODE.... for example you'd replace lines 54-61[5]
with something like the following:

cd $GS_HOME/gemstone/stones/$stoneName
. defStone.env
topaz -l -T50000 << EOF
input $GS_HOME/<your-app-dir>/installYourApp.tpz
EOF

Dale

[1]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome#open-source-development-kit-for-gemstones-64-bit-
[2] https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/labels/in%20process
[3] https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/issues/22
[4] https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/blob/master/bin/installServer
[5]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/blob/master/bin/installServer#L54-61

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 4:55 AM, BrunoBB via Glass <