[Glass] Recomendation for Installing

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Dec 9 16:08:49 PST 2014

Bruno,

Please keep me informed about the difficulties you run into (even if you
figure them out ... my ultimate goal is to not create problems for you to
solve:) .... and of course GsDevKitHome is still pretty young) ...

I have not tried working with Centos, so I can't comment comment on
similarities to Ubuntu ... Centos may have more things installed by
default, so when you hit your first (tough) problem, send the error
information (open a bug on GsDevKit) and I'll see if it rings a bell ...
the things that you need at a relatively high level are:
  git
  curl
  unzip
  ssl
  pam
  32 bit libs
  X (if you will be running GemTools or tODE on the box itself)

if these are present and you are having problems I will have to diagnose
the specific failures ...

When you're done we'll want a catalog of centos libraries ... a similar
list needs to be gnerated for OSX as well..

Dale

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 3:11 PM, BrunoBB via Glass <